Hi there! I’m Kelley Gardiner. I’m a writer and editor.
When you’re ready to hone your message, let’s CRUSH IT.
Who do I help?
People who say stuff like this:
- “I hate writing. I know I need to do it, but uuugggh.”
- “The people I’m hearing from aren’t my ideal customer.”
- “I know I need to change the writing on my website. It can’t wait anymore.”
- “I need help with this article. Can you make it … good?”
- “I should hire a writer for my website, but I’d rather do it myself. I just don’t know where to start.”
Business owners come to me to make their website language clear, helpful, and inviting.
That’s not just my goal for website copy. It’s also my goal for your experience when you work with me.
How I write
Copywriting is all about knowing your audience and what they need.
My philosophy? Keep it simple. Keep it clear. Keep it compelling.
That’s me, Kelley (she/her)! I’ve written and/or edited for local Portland, Oregon publications like the Portland Mercury, Red Tricycle, All Things Real Estate, and NW Kids Magazine. Businesses like Stitched have hired me to overhaul website copy, and I partner with Upswept Creative to deliver client copy that functions as well as their beautiful website designs, and I’ve been known to write and edit blog posts for Pepperlane.
How can I help you?
In 2014, when I quit my full-time office gig, I decided to distill what I liked best about my favorite writing projects so I could offer those talents to small business owners.
- I’m here to make it strikingly clear what’s so awesome about your business.
- I’m here to make the process as straightforward as possible.
- I’m here to help your client get the services and products they want and need.
- I’m here to make your life easier. That’s my mission and goal.
More about me so you can really emotionally invest in my success here
I’m a Portland writer, born and raised. (Okay, technically, I was raised in Beaverton.) When I’m not writing at home in Parkrose Heights, I’m chasing kids around parks or searching for the best smoothies in town. I volunteer for Montavilla Food Co-op and believe that everyone in our community should be fed, housed, healthy, and happy.
“I would highly recommend Kelley Gardiner for any writing or editing project. She has a unique point of view that brings content to life. Whether you’re looking for website content or marketing materials, Kelley can tell your story. Kelley’s work on our department’s website at Portland State University helped us triple our website traffic. Couldn’t have done it without her!” —Cathy Heslin